Join the team at Heritage Farm!
We are often looking for passionate people to help us in our work. If you care about preserving agricultural biodiversity, promoting the family and cultural traditions of seed saving, contact us about a job at our headquarters at Heritage Farm just north of Decorah, Iowa.
Please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com - include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.
Web Design and Development Coordinator
Deadline for applications: August 14, 2017
The Web Design and Development Coordinator will maintain, support, and enhance various Seed Savers Exchange digital/web properties, including: the website, the organization’s databases, and web-facing projects. This position will also assist with technical aspects of various marketing needs. Reports to the marketing manager. On-site (Decorah, Iowa) preferred, regionally-based remote candidates will be considered.
Duties and responsibilites:
2. Understand SSE’s business needs and SSE’s customer needs and make recommendations on website best practices for UI and UX to meet those needs. Complete implementation of changes, enhancements, etc. as a result of recommendations.
3. Work closely with marketing team to optimize website for marketing goals and make recommendations on best practices and web design/function implementations to meet those goals.
4. Work closely with marketing and sales teams to enhance ecommerce functionality of website.
5. Test the website(s) and identify and correct any technical problems.
6. Assist in code versioning, uploads to site/server, and registering changes with all search engines.
7. Use tools to create and/or modify images for the web, and follow SSE’s current brand and style guidelines. Work with SSE’s graphic designer as needed.
8. Database support: Monitor and maintain the various databases the organization utilizes, including Netsuite.
9. Analyze web traffic in order to suggest and implement changes to improve the visitor experience and conversion of sales, donations and memberships. (Monitor and maintain Google Analytics accounts for each web property; Use Netsuite reports to monitor additional web metrics.)
10. Assist with website optimization for organic search and with the execution of paid search tasks.
11. Collaborates with marketing staff on optimizing email marketing database and social media performance (ie: maintaining and enhancing connection between customer database and email marketing platform; installing Facebook Pixel).
12. Consult with other internal teams on web-related projects as needed. (ie: the Exchange, Census. These projects are being led by other departments, but other staff are brought in on an as needed basis to consult/assist.)
13. Shoot and edit videos for the website in partnership with content team.
14. Participate in Web/Tech Committee meetings, discussions, and projects.
15. Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, web design or equivalent, or a minimum of two years experience, The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing website changes, providing database support, analyzing web traffic, and working effectively with internal staff and outside vendors. Marketing and writing experience a plus, as is experience in working in ecommerce platforms.
Successful candidate will be able to quickly and accurately update websites, analyze results, and create consistent use of SSE’s brand and visual styles.